Still feeling inspired by my epiphany last week, I’ve decided its time to analize other aspects of my life, and see what parts make me a bit blue. I don’t expect anything to be perfect, but everything could use a bit of a tweak now and then. I’ve decided to call them Commandments to hopefully solidify my resolute to follow them. During my poll of friends, one of them stated that there was no difference between goals and resolutions. Resolutions is a word reserved for New Years Eve, that people don’t keep either. Its interesting how January, the coldest part of the year in my parts, always seems bright shiney and full of potential, but by February, it’s lost its lustre and failure lurks in the shadows.
The idea of personal commandments came from The Happiness Project book by Gretchen Rubin.
On to the Commandments…
1. Be Amanda, and only Amanda
2. Find gratitude in unbefitting situations.
3. It is easy to be heavy, hard to be light.
4. Be in the moment.
5. Talk to strangers
6. No more than 5 alcoholic drinks in one session, even when you are with the red-head. Yes, jager shots count as a drink.
7. When you feel you have reached your limit, and are about to seriously loose your shit, sing “If You’re Happy and You Know It” till you can carry on.
8. Get ‘ready for bed’ and go to bed on time.
9. Feed creativity and beware of things that attempt to snuff if out.
10. Make sure it matters.
11. Think big things. Do big things.
My hope is that I will edit and change this list as the year moves on and I learn more about myself and situations I find myself in. I haven’t learned all there is to learn yet and I would expect my list of Commandments to grow amd change as I do.
Anyone else out there with Commandments or life ‘rules’ they live by?